Katia Dickenson, UI/UX Design Lead
I focus on bringing clarity and simplicity to complex business problems by turning user research into insights and insights into effective customer experiences.
I obsess about users’ needs and advocate for the User-centered design process as an essential part of any product development lifecycle.
I write about all things UX in my blog uxprofit.blog.
F5 Networks – UI/UX Design Lead
- Leading a small team of junior UX designers, UX interns, and apprentices in an effort to produce an effective UX design for new and existing F5 customer-facing applications;
- Contributing to the company’s design organization/process, including advancing the practice of UX discipline.
F5 Networks – UI/UX Designer
- Conducting user research and analysis, including interviews, surveys, and case studies;
- Developing desktop and mobile design concepts (multiple projects);
- Building prototypes and high fidelity/interactive wireframes (CSS/HTML);
- Running usability studies/tests to analyze and evaluate current user interfaces as well as high fidelity/interactive wireframes of new web components and propose usability improvements;
- Executing UI implementation of proposed interactive designs;
- Maintaining UI style guides and interaction design pattern libraries to ensure consistency of look and feel, UI and UX across multiple web modules and web applications;
- Providing visual/graphic design assets for global channels for the company’s offices across the globe.
F5 Networks – Web Designer
- Designing, implementing and maintaining UI and various interface components for F5 internal and external web applications: f5.com, university.f5.com, support.f5.com;
Freelancer – Freelance Web Designer
- Award-winning designer; Developed professional websites for worldwide clients.
Bellevue College; Bellevue, 2009 – Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design
Volgograd State University; Volgograd, 1998 – Bachelor’s Degree, Psychology
- UX Collective: “Product page: what users want to see”, June 2019
- UX Collective: “The productivity of the UX team of one: from sticky notes to a personal Kanban board”, May 2019
- UX Planet: “Piloting the first project with the UX process”, August 2018
- UX Planet: “International UX: empathy, ethics, and respect needed”, September 2017